How To Sell Macy’s Gift Cards in Nigeria?: When I was in the US last year, I got a Macy’s gift card as a birthday present. The gift card wasn’t redeemed till I came back to Nigeria. I needed money to sort out some bills at some point. I remembered that instant that I had a Macy’s gift card I kept in my traveling bag. The first thought I had was to sell the Macy’s gift card for cash. I searched for “Where can I sell my gift card in Nigeria” online. I came across a website and contacted the buyer. He asked me to send the gift card information to him quickly which I did.
I was devastated when I found out I had been scammed. I didn’t hear anything from him and realized he had used the card to make unauthorized purchases.
There was no way I could trace the fraudulent transaction but I learned my lesson. It is very important to always verify the credibility of a website before you make an irreversible mistake. Now, you want to learn how and where to sell Macy’s gift cards in Nigeria. Continue reading to find out more about Macy’s gift cards and how you can sell them safely in Nigeria.
Introduction to Macy’s Gift Cards
Macy’s gift card is issued by a clothing retailer in the United States. The retail store provides a variety of clothing options for women, men, and children. This includes jewelry, accessories, footwear, and many more.
Macy’s gift cards can only be used at Macy’s physical stores in the US and on the company’s online store. This is different from gift cards like Amazon gift cards that you can use at any retail store that accepts them as a payment option.
They come in various denominations and can be purchased at the store or online. You can choose to buy the physical Macy’s card or the digital form. The digital gift card is sent via mail within 24 hours after purchase. For that physical form, you either walk to the store to buy or place an order for it which will later be delivered to an address of your choice. Interestingly, Macy’s gift cards do not expire. This gives you the flexibility of using it anytime. Once the fund on the gift card is used up, you can also choose to reload it with additional funds.
Frequently Asked Questions About Macy’s Gift Card
Can I use my Macy’s gift card online?
Yes, you can use your Macy’s gift card to redeem items on the Macy’s online store.
How can I check the balance on my Macy’s gift card?
Visit Macy’s website or contact customer support via 1-800-511-2752
Can I redeem my Macy’s gift card for cash?
This may not be possible on Macy’s site. However, there are various reputable trading platforms in Nigeria where you can sell Macy’s gift cards for cash.
Where to Get the Best Deals on Your Macy’s Gift Card
Deciding to sell your Macy’s gift card means you will appreciate getting the best deals on it. Hook is the best platform to sell gift cards in Nigeria. Regardless of the gift card market or the current exchange rate, Hook always offers the best rates for all gift cards including Macy’s. To find out about the worth of your Macy’s gift card before selling, use our easy and convenient rate calculator to check. It is available on both the website and mobile app. You can use it anytime any day.
How to Sell Macy’s Gift Cards in Nigeria?
How to Convert Your Macy Gift Card into Money?
- Create an account via our website or mobile app.
- Download the Hook Mobile App from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Register and set up your account profile.
- Optionally, verify your BVN for added security.
- Add your bank account details for easy fund withdrawal.
- Click “TRADE GIFT CARDS” and select “SELL GIFT CARDS.”
- Search for a Macy gift card.
- Specify the currency and card type (Physical card, Ecode, Receipt, etc.).
- Enter card details: sub-category, value, and amount.
- Review the cash payout in Naira and proceed.
- Verify the gift card by entering the Ecode or uploading a photo.
- Confirm the transaction and receive instant cash in your account wallet for withdrawal.
Start trading gift cards with ease on our platform today! For any queries, feel free to contact us. Happy trading!
GIFT CARD – DEFINITION
A gift card is also known as a gift certificate in North America, or gift voucher or gift token in the UK is a prepaid stored-value money card, usually issued by a retailer or bank, to be used as an alternative to cash for purchases within a particular store or related businesses. Gift cards are also given out by employers or organizations as rewards or gifts.
They may also be distributed by retailers and marketers as part of a promotion strategy, to entice the recipient to come in or return to the store, and at times such cards are called cash cards. Gift cards are generally redeemable only for purchases at the relevant retail premises and cannot be cashed out, and in some situations may be subject to an expiry date or fees.
American Express, MasterCard, and Visa offer generic gift cards that need not be redeemed at particular stores, which are widely used for cashback marketing strategies. A feature of these cards is that they are generally anonymous and are disposed of when the stored value on a card is exhausted.
From the purchaser’s point of view, a gift card is a gift, given in place of an object which the recipient may not need, when the giving of cash as a present may be regarded as socially inappropriate.
References for Macy Gift Card to Naira
- ^ “GIFT TOKEN”. Cambridge English Dictionary. Archived from the original on 16 September 2014. for Macy Gift Card to Naira Today. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- ^ HORNE, DANIEL R. (2007). “Gift Cards: Disclosure One Step Removed”. The Journal of Consumer Affairs. 41 (2): 341–350. doi:10.1111/j.1745-6606.2007.00084.x. ISSN 0022-0078. JSTOR 23860062. Archived from the original on 8 October 2020. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Hood, James R. (20 February 2006). “Congress Considers New Gift Card Rules”. consumeraffairs.com. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 16 June 2008.
- ^ “2012 Holiday Gift Card Spending Report”. giftcardlab.com. 26 November 2012. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013 for $500 Razer Gold Gift Card to Naira Today. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- ^ “Gift Cards and Financial Reporting”. archives.cpajournal.com. Archived from the original on 15 April 2021. Retrieved 15 April 2021.